Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Santa Was Clutch This Year

Ayyyy what's up guys (and girls, maybe). How was your guys' breaks? If your's wasn't too great, maybe me telling you about how great mine has been will cheer you up! The only problem is that it's already over... So recently Santa came for a visit in good old Park City, Utah and was really clutch. This year I was pretty good so I got a ton of good stuff, mostly photography gear. I was super stoked, and I actually got to use some of the gear today while my brother had hockey practice. Sooo basically this post is gonna be on the stuff that I got this year... and the bulk of my presents were gift cards (I know pretty boring).

Photog stuff:
So I was on Amazon, lookin' for some lenses and such when I scrolled upon a picture of a tripod. It was fate: I NEEDED a tripod, badly. So of course I clicked on the link, and it took me to the site. This was a heaven combo pack: a normal tripod, a spider tripod (flexible legs) a remote shutter release, a lens cleaner and a monopod. I immediately brought out the Santa list and wrote down the name of the combo pack. Days later, I received the gift. It was sickkk and I was super stoked about using the setup gear later on. So later on really meant today. I hiked up in the snow with khakis and my Janoskis to get some cool shots of some sagebrush and PCMR. I used my monopod for this because a tripod really wasn't needed (in case you were wondering a monopod is basically a stick that supports your camera while you shoot, so shots don't come out blurry). I actually got some decent shots (which are quite rare for me). So for my first time out with the new stuff, it went pretty well.

My sagebrush shot...


Other stuff:
So I realize this doesn't really have to do with hockey or photography, but it's sort of needed to complete this post. So you know about my post about skis, right? Well Santa came through with those too. I ended up getting the Armada B-Dogs (164 cm). I absolutely love them. They also came with Marker Free Ten bindings which aren't too bad either. These skis are absolutely dope. Along with the skis (other than the bindings) came Saga Mutiny Mittens, which were a sweet bonus. Also, Santa came in with a Jiberish collared shirt, which was much needed.

I don't quite know what I'm looking at


.This Christmas was soo sick and to make it even better, God absolutely dumped snow on the Wasatch Mountains. This was great for both skiing and photography. To top off the perfect break, the IIHF World Junior Tournament was airing on TV from Toronto, Canada. There were teams from across the globe playing in the tournament to show off their skills and bring glory home to their countries by winning the championship. The competition was insane and was very fun to watch. I learned so much from them, even though all of them were under the age of eighteen. It was wayyy fun and made the break and Christmas that much better (even though Canada won the tournament). So hopefully you got a good taste of my break and Christmas. Hopefully my next post will be on photog! See y'all!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey this blog is great! I have recently started blogging too! I really like your blog and I would be really happy if you checked out mine and dropped a comment! Thanks!
    http://dreko18.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey this blog is great! I have recently started blogging too! I really like your blog and I would be really happy if you checked out mine and dropped a comment! Thanks!
    http://tristanscience.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete