Sunday, November 16, 2014

'Tis the Season to be Skiing

Hello Internet! Sorry I haven't posted in a while but it's been hectic the past few weeks! Since I've posted last, many things have happened! The main great thing is that the snow has finally fallen!! It's sooo close to ski season it's unreal; six days and counting! I'm so ready to ski and this year I'm getting a few sweet things to shred the gnar with. I know, this blog isn't about skiing, but since it's almost opening day, I thought it was necessary to post something on skiing.
The first item I'm getting happens to be the most necessary, but also the most expensive. They're skis of course, and I've frantically been scanning the internet for a pair perfect for me. So far I have found two pairs of skis, both being Armada: the Armada Al Dente's and the Armada B-Dog's. They're both an incredible ski for what I love to do, which is terrain park and powder. Both skis are a wider park ski and have positive cambers (good for jibbin' rails). So I'll describe both skis to you, and hopefully you guys can comment back on which I should get!
So the first ski I've looked at was the Armada Al Dente. This ski is an amazing all mountain ski but also a great freestyle and park ski. Like I said, it's a wider ski for park, but it it still quite buttery and flexible. This ski was designed by Henrik Harlaut himself, who is known for his nose-butters and baggy clothes. To be able to pull off those steezy nose-butters, the Al Dente's are made with a front tip rocker, which makes buttering much easier and much less sketchy. The graphics have changed for the 2015 model, but all of the Al Dente models have been inspired by graffiti art. This ski has been named quite well; it's been cooked to perfection.
Armada Al Dente's: Courtesy of Armada Skis

The next ski I have been researching on is the Armada B-Dog. This ski is also a mainly freestyle ski, but it also has some width to it. It's a medium-width ski but performs very well in the park. It's pretty much got the same body of the Halo 2's. This is also a custom ski, like the Al Dente's. Phil Casabon created this ski to be very playful and buttery. The B-Dog's have twin tips and a positive camber. Also, unlike the Al Dente's, the B-Dog's have rocker on both the tip and the tail, so buttering can be done on both sides. This ski is very flexible and very playful. The graphics on this ski aren't as sweet as the Al Dente's, but they're still pretty rad. Casabon has used 12 jewels (12 principles of life) to decorate the ski. This ski is also good for all mountain as well.
Armada B-Dog's: Courtesy of Armada Skis
SO. Which skis should I invest in? Both skis are incredible and very easy to ride. The only true difference between the two is that the Al Dente's sizes aren't the greatest for me. They come in 168 cm and higher, so for park, that would be a little tall for me. On the other hand, the B-Dog's come in 164's, which would suit me much better in the park. Also, the B-Dog's have a tail rocker which could help with tail butters. Other than that, the skis are almost exactly the same. So this decision is up to my readers: which ski should I buy? To relate it to photog, both skis would give me some sickkk powder shots and some nice park photos, but I'm still not set on which one to ask for.
Some powder shots captured with my GoPro Hero 3
Help me please!!

2 comments:

  1. Good choice of skis, but J CATS IN SPACE are so good. Hope these help you learn a cork 7 this year :) Out of these two skis, I would say the Al Dente are the better choice, because they are not just park skis. They can be all mountain if you want them to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tristan what are you talking about Al Dente's are the way to go.

    ReplyDelete