Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Go Pro(fessional) with the GoPro!

Hey what’s up my homies! Since last post was on hockey, this one will be on photography (or things pertaining to photography). So recently, I’ve been getting ready for the ski season (which seems years away). Since I’ve gotten new equipment, I’m getting ready to make some sweet shots on the mountain. All I need for some solid mountain top shots is a tripod, and a small one too. With the excitement of snow coming, I want a complete set-up so I won’t miss a shot this season (meaning both photography and powder).Living in a ski town has quite a few perks. With all of these different professional skiers and snowboarders just cruising around the town and the ski resorts, it’s hard not to check out the gear they have. One piece of equipment that’s ubiquitous with slope style skiers and snowboarders is a GoPro. If you haven’t heard of one or haven’t seen one, I’ll sum up what it is in one word: outstanding. The invention of the miniature camera was an outstanding idea, and the inventor has made millions for it. There are 5 types of GoPro that have been made: the original GoPro Hero, the Hero 2, the Hero 3, the Hero 3+ and the Hero 4. The newest GoPro, the Hero 4, is one hell of a camera. It’s got an outstanding image quality, a touch screen, and much more. Not to mention all of that fits in the palm of your hand. There are hundreds of attachments you can use to help you film or photograph with the GoPro. They’re called ‘mounts’ and there are a variety of mounts you can use for a variety of different sports. Here are the names of a few mounts: Chest mount, helmet mount, head strap mount, pole mount, suction cup mount and many, many more. With this many types of mounts, it’s hard not to get the shot you want.
GoPro Hero 3 White Edition

I have a GoPro myself. I got it about two years ago, and it was one of the best decisions of my life (and one of my only good decisions too). It’s the GoPro Hero 3 White Edition, which is the lower edition out of the three Hero 3’s. I have multiple mounts, and I use them all a ton. I have bought myself the chest mount, the pole mount, the head strap mount, the helmet mount and a few others that came with the GoPro itself. I also have the LCD Touch BacPac that allows you to see what you have filmed right on the back of the GoPro. I’ve used my GoPro for an ample amount of different sports. I’ve used it for biking, skiing, hockey, trampoline and straight up photography. The more mounts you have, the better the shot you’ll get. So hopefully later on during the ski season, I’ll be able to show off what kind of pictures I’ve taken with the different mounts and my GoPro.

No comments:

Post a Comment