Monday, December 8, 2014

Lenses: So Many Choices, Yet So Much Money

Yo, I gotta 'nother decision for you guys to make. Ya, this post will be similar to one a few weeks back. I NEED a new camera lens. Christmas is coming up, and hopefully I'll get a ton of camera stuff to mess around with throughout the rest of winter and the rest of the year. Similar to the skis, I'm stuck between two different types of lenses. Both lenses would be quite fun to play around with, but you know me; I can't decide which one to get. SO PLEASE HELP ME.

The Macro:
These types of lenses seem like a ton of fun to play around with. If you didn't know already, this type of lens (in simple terms) is a super-duper-up-close type of lens. If you look off to the side of my page you'll see a leaf with some agua on it. This would be a "macro shot" although I didn't even use my camera for this. In fact I actually used my phone with a magnifying glass (which is a great alternative if you can't afford a macro lens). Anyways, there are many different macro lenses, varying in quality and price. Of course I won't be able to afford the nicest lens, reaching over $1,400 (yes, I live in Park City and I can't afford everything, crazy right). So for me I'd like a lens that is a good quality, yet also not going to make me broke. I've recently been looking at the Canon EF-S 60 mm f/2.8 Macro USM. This lens is a pretty good lens, and has a few nice features. It has a floating optical system that can focus down to full life size. Also, it's a good multi-purpose lens not only good for macro shots, but for portrait shots and available light shots. This lens' retail price is around $470.
Canon Macro Lens
The Wide-Angle:
The other lens I was looking to invest in was a wide-angle lens. This is a lens that can shoot, well, at a wide angle. So in a sense it's sort of a panorama-type lens. There really aren't too many specs on this specific lens, but it's an ultra wide-angle and pretty light-weight. It also has a rear floating focusing system. Solid quality images are captured at all subject distances.
Canon Wide-Angle Lens

Soooooo.... Which should I buy? Both seem to be a ton of fun to play around with, but which would be better for a Park City-area kind of photographer? I literally can't even right now. I don't know which one to get. Help me out homies... Please.

A Sample Photo from Canon with the Wide-Angle Lens
HELP ME....PLEASE



3 comments: